Rebel Witch Workbook

Rebel Witch Workbook

Description

This post is where I will be logging my progress through the book Rebel Witch: Carve the Craft That's Yours Alone by Kelly-Ann Maddox

Chapter 1:
What does "Witch" really mean?
Write It
What are the various reasons that someone might be fearful
or uncertain about claiming the word “witch” for themselves?
{Maddox, Kelly-Ann. Rebel Witch (p. 13). Watkins Media. Kindle Edition.}

As I sit here and read this quetion and really absorb
and do my best to answer it from my lens
in life, I seen a little fly just landed right
on my desk and I had the urge to look
it up and see what kind of advice it brought
me, well I wasn't disappointed. I found that one source
states that The Fly can represent malice, hate or blame
in one's life. Which all in all is quite a
great answer for this question, because being a witch is
to be self-empowered yet also self-responsible and for
me this brings up the concept of sunshine people versus
storm-supporters people.

Let's unpack these two types of people, there are the
sunshine people first, to me these are the kind of
people that are in your life while things are good
and everything is sunny, yet the moment that life's storm
clouds start rolling in the sunshine people disappear. Now, onto
the storm-supporters, to me these are the kind of
people that not only stand by yourside when life gets
rough but they will comfort you and then turn around
and challenge the gods themselves for you to fix things
(I am very honored to have several such people in
my life, those of you who know who you are
thank you).

Now, getting back to the question at hand, of some
reasons that someone might be scared to don the ways
of the witch, well, the fear of not knowing who's
a sunshine or who's a storm-supporter can definitely paralize
you, because when the rough parts of being a witch
arise you will want your support group around you and
it can be scary if you don't know just how
strong or how big your safety net really is.

Tag(s):

The Sanctuary of Matthew the Mage > Matthew's Book Musings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matt’s Social Card

Five Differences

Q&As